History of Franklin and Marshall College, 1787-1948
Show FileMIME type:application/pdfFile Size:121.2 Mb
Monograph history of Franklin College 1787-1948 published by the Alumni Association in commemoration of the 1953 centennial of Franklin and Marshall College. In addition to the College's early history, covers the period from 1903, including the College's recent role in World War II.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
An Act to unite and consolidate Marshall College, now at Mercersburg, with Franklin College, now at Lancaster, under the name of "Franklin and Marshall College," a corporation, to be located in the city of Lancaster, or its immediate vicinity [Franklin and Marshall College Charter] Franklin and Marshall College (1850)Printed text of the 1850 act uniting Franklin College and Marshall College and sample page from a handwritten copy of the charter dating from 1853.
Hartman, Charles Stahr (Lancaster, Pa. : Franklin and Marshall College, 1987., 1987)History of the College's boys preparatory school that operated on campus as a separate educational institution (after originating as the College's preparatory department) from 1872-1943.
Wentzel, Fred D. ([Reading, Pa.] : [Edward Pengelly & Bro.], 1918., 1918)History of the Harbaugh Club, a social and eating club founded in 1900 that became Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity after WWI. The club has been revived in recent years.