Now showing items 1-10 of 110
History of Franklin and Marshall College, 1787-1948
Monograph history of Franklin College 1787-1948 published by the Alumni Association in commemoration of the 1953 centennial of Franklin and Marshall College. In addition to the College's early history, covers the period ...
Shows series of Commencement day events such as senior procession to Hensel Hall, graduation at Williamson Field, gathering for class photo at Hartman Hall, post-graduation congratulations, and leaving campus for the final ...
Dedication of Hartman Hall, June 29, 1946
Footage of the dedication of the former F&M Academy Building as Hartman Hall in honor of Edwin M. Hartman, long-time principal of the school. The Academy closed in 1943. College President Theodore Distler and Hartman can ...
Science department scenes, ca 1951
Series of footage shows students using the Shand Library, students meeting with chemistry professor William Weisgerber, students using the chemistry lab and the greenhouse in Fackenthal Lab. Additional footage shows a ...
Alumni Office, ca. 1951
Ca. 1951 footage showing the activities of the Alumni office located in Stahr (now Stager) Hall. Mundane, yet interesting, views of College office work before computers. Note that the Alumni magazine is what is being ...
Groundbreaking and construction of North Museum, 1951
Shows North Museum groundbreaking ceremonies held May 13, 1951 and subsequent construction activities. Film is silent and in color.
Deed for first 10 acres of land purchased by Franklin and Marshall College
Deed for the first 10 acres of land purchased by Franklin and Marshall College. The land was bought from Jacob Griel in 1853.
Campus protests, 1970
Initial footage shows student protests outside East Hall (then the College administration building) on or about April 30, 1970 concerning the College's refusal to rehire popular history and sociology professors Henry Mayer ...
Footage of campus in the aftermath of an early 1927 Lancaster snowstorm. Note the Campus House sign on what is currently known as Distler House. The Campus House opened on January 21, 1927 as a student center after being ...
Poverty Parade, 1926
Footage of the traditional student poverty parade held at Williamson Field during a home football game. Note the male F&M cheerleaders and the formal attire of the spectators. Film is silent and B&W.